Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hare Krishnas throw one CRAZY party!

So while Joni was being inspired at the Young Women's Conference I decided to get together with Jason and Donnie for a good time. It turns out Jason's idea to go to this Hare Krishna party was more of an adventure than I ever expected. First we take some wild detour around the traffic and back into the woods to get to this place. Out of no where this building shows up:

I was kinda confused by the whole place but the good news was I wasnt alone. There were a whole bunch of people that showed up to this thing. Probably just as confused as me.

So this picture above is the before, please notice how clean everyone looks. Peacefully wandering around this beautiful building. Donnie and I even found a rare photo op. without anyone else blocking the shot. Just us and the elephant:

Again, please take note of how beautifully clean our clothes are.
We decided to go up to the second floor to look down on the masses when all of a sudden a roar from the crowd erupted and a cloud of powdered chalk rose like a bomb had gone off:


Its about this time that the adrenaline gets pumping and Jason turns into a party animal:


So naturally Donnie and I follow him into the cloud of colored dust and receive the expected reward for our bravery...color all over us!:


Yeah, in case you were wondering we had colored powder everywhere by the time we left this place! Everywhere! I am still scooping it out of my ears and nose!

I dont really understand the whole celebration but I know it has some significance to some people. I tried to just enjoy the really weird party and throwing colored powder everywhere. It really was a good time. I just wish Joni could have been there to play in the craziness with me and a few of my color throwing buddies:

Yep, all ten thousand of my closest color throwing friends!!
Dang, the Hare Krishnas know how to throw a party!

5 comments:

Kristine said...

Wow! Looks like fun! Where is this?

Joni said...

Spanish Fork at the Hare Krishna Temple.

Brian and Amelia said...

Yes, we passed the "crowds" that night, wondering what was going on. We wondered what they do at their party - there were tons of people walking to it. And then later, as we were driving on the freeway to go home, we kept passing people in cars absolutely covered in colors. And it was funny, every person colored in every car we saw was dancing and moving around. Must've been a good party!

Omgirl said...

Hi..saw your response on my blog, so I thought I'd check you out. :)Oh my gosh, you are so lucky! That is Holi, the Hindu holiday. I'm kind of an India-phile; I have been to the Krishna temple many times, but I didn't know they did a Holi celebration there. I'm so glad you posted about it! Was it fun?

Melinda said...

haha hare heidi...hedi crhishna...However you spell it! lol.
That place is so cool! I went there for church one sunday back in the day. It was different then I am use to...that's for sure. jk

Hey, those are some of the coolest pics I have ever seen from that event. You should put them on facebook or something. In that group about the event.
Sorry I am not making sense. .
SO you already moved to slc? Are you working out of the CA up there?