We are expecting a new little one on March 22nd and are so excited. We find out next month what the sex of the baby is. I was almost ready to beg the Dr. to take a quick peak yesterday at our appointment but decided against it after I had called the office 3 other times that week to verify that they would not be doing an ultrasound at the appointment. They seemed pretty firm on you must be at least 20 weeks. So the anticipation builds. We want to know what you think..... BOY or GIRL....vote on the side.
Also for all those with pregnancy experience, here are some of my questions:
1- What do I do for these belly itches?
2- Can I prevent stretch marks?
3- What are your favorite baby products?
4- What is some new parent baby advice?
29 comments:
It's about time you posted about this little one. You know I think you are going to have a girl!
Your belly itches because it is stretching. Quite uncomfortable, but totally normal.
You can never totally prevent stretch marks, but you can do your best to fend them off. I would suggest the lotion made to help. It's by palmers and it says it on the label. I would put it on after you shower or take a bath. It helps you retain extra moisture. It has worked with my three.
I am giving you my favorite baby products unless Li is still using them. You will get them as soon as she is done.
Relax as much as you can now. You don't get much when the little one arrives.
hey!! congrats! i'm so happy for you! i must admit i had a sneaky suspicion about you when i saw you eating a little snack at church a while back! ha ha! you guys will be such cute parents!
I used the "Burt's Bee's Mommy Butter" or something like that...its in one of those body butter containers (might have to find it online)....i hardly ever felt itchy and no stretch marks! Cake it on right after showering!
My advice is to take time to see the places you want to before baby comes....it's definitely still do-able once he/she arrives, but much more work! And make sure you're going out on dates too....our date nights took a hit the first few months after Emri came and it made me miss brett...even though he was here! sounds silly! Congrats again!
Congratulations Joni! I am so excited for you. I hope you are feeling well.
1 & 2 - I agree with the Burts Bees Mamma Butter. I got mine at Target. So it is out there. I still got stretch marks. But stretch marks fade anyway.
3 - I really love the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child."
4 - Also, I think you have to take advice of others with a grain of salt. I think even first time mom's know what is best for them and their baby. I think it is the maternal instinct. So listen to your intuitions. You will do a great job.
Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys! I had my last boy in March - it's a great time to have a baby! I can't wait to find out what you are having! How are you feeling?
It looks like you already have SUPER answers for your questions. . .I would just add the book BabyWise. I would have to say it saved my sanity when I was a new mom. I tried reading the Heathly Habits, Happy Baby one later - and I found myself less interested and not agreeing with some of it. But it's all personal preference, I've heard a lot of mommy's love that one, too! *And I like the advice *still blinking* gave you on taking advice as a grain of salt. You will get much advice and many comments that you will need to do just that with! YOU are the expert for YOUR baby, not someone else!
Love you guys! Keep us updated!
Congratulations!!! I justhad a baby 2 weeks ago and I can tell you that NOTHING I tried prevented stretch marks. BUT, the good news is that they fade over time and they are worth it to have a sweet baby in your arms! Just use lots of lotion for the itch.
That is wonderful Joni! Congratulations! I'm excited to hear what you are having. :)
1. I never had itches
2. Never had stretch marks
3. Desitan and spray and wash
4. I like schedules so I recommend Baby Wise. It gave me some good ideas.
Rachael Willis (Kent) just had her baby at 24 weeks. 1 pound 9 oz. He is alive... In the NICU for 3 months. They are praying like crazy. Kent is his name. It will be a long long hard road for a long time for that cute little baby. Rach seems to be doing good. C-Section for the baby to do less stress on his little body.
Yay! Joni congratulations! I hear you with the itching, it never ends. I am so happy for you.
Yay! I really think you'll be getting a BOY! Congrats!
I am so happy for you two!! You two will be awesome parents. I hope you are prepared for your life to change forever...but if things have to change, I can't think of a better reason.
Sometimes I have put lotion on my belly to help the itching, but that doesn't always help. As far as stretch marks, let me know if you find a real solution.
One of my favorite books was "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer". I loved the routine the book helped me create. But along with that, for all books on parenting, take from them what you like and ignore what you don't. What works for one person won't always work for another. I have taken stuff from lots of books, including some others have mentioned.
One baby product I have loved is my tub. You can get it at Target and it is awesome. Here is the link: http://www.target.com/First-Years-Comfort-Newborn-Toddler/dp/B000067EH7/ref=br_1_4?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=13866681&node=13866681&searchRank=pmrank&searchPage=1&searchSize=30&id=First%20Years%20Comfort%20Newborn-%20-Toddler.
One last tip, enjoy your last few months of just the two of you. Because it won't be that way again for a LONG time!
Yeah! Congrats! I am so excited for you. We are due around the same time, too (I am March 9th). I find out next week what mine is, but I think it is a girl. Maybe it is the season for girls!
As far as advice...trust your instincts. You will get SOOO much advice from family, friends, neighbors, complete strangers...but in the end you have to do what works for you and your little one. You will be such a super fabulous mom, I have NO doubt.
Oh, and I agree with the last comment. Enjoy your last few months of just the two of you. You will forget that it was ever like that in no time. Take a baby moon before the baby is born.
Congrats! I will just quickly add 2 things -
* for stretch marks I used the palmer's stuff, worked great where I put it- on my belly. I would advise putting it on your thighs- I didn't realize (there and other, ahem, places) they'd get stretch marks too. I have marks wherever I didn't put it!
* itching- in addition to the body butter, try Oil of Olay IN SHOWER body lotion. This totally helped me with the itching and two other friends I recommended it too. I just gave some to Noelle, you'll have to see what she thinks.
ENJOY!
Yay! I've been checking and checking your blog for the big announcement. :) We're so excited for you to have a little goobs of your very own. (But I don't know if it'll be a girl goobs or a boy goobs. But you'd better let him/her goob on me for some payback.)
1- I had an itchy belly a lot and never found anything that worked, but I would take Andrea's advice on that one.
2- Stretch marks are genetic. So I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I have lots, but they do fade and at least no one will ever see you but your hubby (you break it, you buy it...haha) But maybe that won't work because you're such a bikini girl. *wink* :)
3- Oxyclean laundry spray, desitin, boppy pillow, Lansinoh nursing pads and lanolin (for you), little sleep gowns, waterproof pads for under the crib sheet.
4- I liked the advice your friend gave you up above- take advice with a grain of salt. And try not to get too bugged with advice because you'll get a lot. But I did love Babywise for a schedule and general parenting principles.
YAAAAAAY! I am so happy for you guys! Jones you will be a great mom so don't sweat it. If I can do it then just about anyone can. Oh, and I second everyone's advice. Let me know if you need anything! Love ya!
It is going to be a boy.
1.Just scratch away. And when you get tired of scratching, put a lotion on like crazy.
2.Mormons don't wear bikinis, so who cares, your husband will love you even more with your war scars!!
3.The funny looking thing that sucks buggers out of a new born's nose. (They give you one at the hospital.)
4.Only listen to advices you like and discard the rest!!
We all agree that your baby is going to have a blast having you two as parents. You are AWESOME!!
Everybody needs Joni as a friend, you make my day everytime I talk to you!!
yeah... that is so exciting! congrats!
Hooray for you both! That is exciting news! I can never guess the sex of my own children, so I won't even give it a go with yours; I look forward to finding out when you hit 20 weeks. Keep us posted.
As for advice- I have learned that because no two kids have the same physical needs, personalities, etc. the best thing you can do as a mom is learn about those needs, and those personalities, and then parent from there. So, as everyone said, take it with a grain of salt, or don't even take it!
Good luck and best wishes
1. a thick lotion but I always itched tons!!
2.I hear you can prevent but I also hear stretch marks are hereditary so good luck with that.
3.I LOVE the Baby Einstein DVDs. I have most of them and the babies like them from only a few weeks old. I also like the waterproof pad for under the crib sheet.
3. Don't be afraid to let them cry and you are not a bad mom if you do not hold the baby ALL day.
Congrats!!! I have been checking your blog for the update ever since Scottie told me you were expecting!!! So happy for you. I think you will have a boy, but I think I am being bias because Scottie told me that what you want.
Congrats again!
First off, CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you two! You are going to be the best parents. Hope you have been feeling well.
1&2. LOTION LOTION LOTION. My belly itched like crazy too. The Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion for pregnant bellies worked best for me. It is very moisturizing and I used it pretty much all over.I think I actually went through 3-4 bottles:) No stretch marks.
3. Lanolin cream-be religous with it! Used it after EVERY nursing probably for the first month. Was a lifesavor for me! Lansinoh pads are great cause they have a sticky pad on the back to keep them in place but you have to change them a lot(gets pricey) or they stick to you and smell(didn't like that). I use the washable kind & I really like them.
4. I liked the books "Happiest Baby on the Block" & "On becoming Babywise". But I agree, takes others advice for what it's worth & do what works best for YOU.
Can't wait to hear what you are having!!!!
Oh congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or a girl!! Yay! I don't have any advice for that itchy belly or stretch marks, but one book that I really liked is "The Happiest Baby on the Block," by Harvey Karr. I read it before Scooter was born, and I thought it was really helpful/good! I also really like the Pampers brand of diapers - swaddlers for newborns & then cruisers for bigger kiddos- they have this cool mesh lining in the diaper so that the gross stuff doesn't (usually!) stick to the kiddo - I really like them! :)
Congrats!
Hey Joni!
Congrats!
I third the Burt's Bee's Tummy Butter. I was religious with it for my first and slathered it all over my belly after my shower and no stretch marks. Not so religious with the second but I still only got a couple. So, I'm thinking it's genetic and also has to do with nutrition (cause I ate crappy the 2nd one too) and moisturizer.
Anyhow--love the Bumbo. Craiglist will do you wonders. And garage sales. Don't buy all that baby gear full price, except a carseat.
I'll give you more baby advice if you think you need it later. I'm sure you'll be getting so much of it you will go crazy.
Good luck!
~Rachel
HOORAY!!! I predict boy for sure--little James Marsden junior. Here are my recommendations even though I have no clue (ha ha) thought I'd play too.
1. I didn't know your belly itched (oh please save me)
2. Cocoa and Shea Butter?
3. I love the Boppy (is that how you spell that?) and the Bumbos and the yummy lavendar scent baby lotion...and the tutus and the shoes...
4. I have nothing on this, but you can give it to me when it's my turn.:)
I am so happy for you, you'll be the best (and coolest) parents ever!
xoxo
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. We had a girl four months ago. It is so fun! You will love being a mom! My advice is enjoy every minute with your baby because they grow up so fast. Don't worry if your house is a mess, just enjoy it! :)
Oh my gosh, you've gotten like a million and a half comments since I last checked! Some great advice too! I second Andrea's comment. The in shower lotion she gave me at the shower helps at feels really nice but there is one spot at the top of my stomach that just itches no matter what. I have never tried stretch mark cream but I may have to after all these rave reviews. I too never knew that they'd be other places than your belly (thighs and backside...)
I think you're having a boy (or rather I want you to have a boy so our boys can be best buds) and I'm so excited for you guys. Can't wait til you're feeling all the way better. :)
I am so excited for you guys. Make sure and post to let us know what you are having.
Congratulations!! Yay!! I was actually just thinking, I haven't checked Joni's blog in a while, I wonder if they're having a baby...so Yay!! I'm excited for you guys! Looks like you already got lots of advice and I'm sure you'll get much more, and good luck preventing stretch marks. I tried everything, and I have more than I could ever count. So all you can do is prepare yourself for the change :) It's all worth it though. You will be amazed how much love you have in your heart! Good luck!!
p.s. Start buying diapers now. And don't bother with the cheapy ones. There's a reason why they cost less. I like Huggies, Pampers, and Luvs.
My turn to congratulate you both!!! We are so excited for you. I think you will have a boy. Who knows, it's only a 50/50 chance. It will be exciting to find out. You have a cute little tummy, it's adorable.
Sorry I have no advice since we don't have kids yet but everyone else seemed to have great ideas. Good luck with everything!!
Post a Comment