 |
| A SPECIAL MOMENT FOR ME |
When my sisters asked to me to run a relay with them I thought it would be way fun and so of course I said yes. Then as it got closer and my training wasn't going well I starting thinking that it wasn't going to be fun - it would be hard. Then it got really hot here in Ohio - and we didn't even have to drink water anymore because we just got it when we breathed the humid air. And well, I didn't have any plans to drown (you know from breathing too hard in such humid weather) so of course I couldn't train in those conditions.....so the race REALLY didn't seem like it would be worth it. And then I was going to have to leave James overnight without me. How would he ever survive with his loving grandparents and aunties that would probably spoil him to death......ok ok, I wondered how I would ever survive.
 |
| Jamie charging up her MAJOR hill |
Yes, I'm pathetic. (Please see the last post when I cried because I was told that
I could leave nursery).
So anyway there were way tooooooo many hard things going on here.
Most of my training consisted of thinking about how I should be training and then thinking of excuses as to why I couldn't.
 |
| Sara after finishing her 8 miles run (it was 8 right?) |
I was pretty sure that the elevation difference was going to kill me. Ohio and Utah - they really different.
I could barely stand the thought of leaving James.
 |
| Janice's unfortunate injuring run ( she became our driver after this run) |
When I did actually train I would get to about 2.9 miles and then need to use the bathroom would hit me so hard that I'm still embarrassed thinking about how I'm sure I looked as I walked/danced/pranced/ran/walked/pinched/ran/danced/pranced/pinched home. And it happened multiple times. So when I saw that all of my legs of the race were over 3 miles I figured there was no way I would be helping out my team at all.
 |
| Alice |
Overall I was scared - scared of the unknown. scared of what my body might or might not do.
 |
| Alice and Juicy |
My van consisted of all girls, all related, except for when Neil (a cousin) couldn't stand how much fun were having and begged to join us for a little while. Then he couldn't handle the pure awesomeness of us girls and so his head exploded and we gave him back to the other van.
 |
| Me yelling as I got toward the end of my long run. I was loving it. |
But then it came time to race and so race is what I did.
 |
| Neil before his head exploded from girl awesomeness |
 |
| Cute Shaunee who would rarely look at the camera |
 |
| Janice intoxicated by the smell of my shoes. Whoooweee |
 |
| A normal picture of Juicy and Sara |
 |
| Our Light Saber - feel the power |
 |
| Group shot |
 |
| The girls! |
 |
| The Sisters |
I'm happy to say that I finished. I ran most of all three of my legs. I had the best time with my van mates and our team 2 van. I loved the experience but would probably think twice about doing it again.
2 comments:
Just wait till next year, you'll be the one asking us to do it!
Looks like so much fun Jones!! It really is so hard to leave the little ones though. Crazy how much you miss them man. :) Love you girl!
Post a Comment