Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bad Apple

Well I'm sad to say that we have had another death in our electronics family. My little Mac Mini, The Lady, has passed to the broken computer world. I feel it was premature, she was only 1 yr and a few months old. Just a toddler.

Now I'm undecided about what to do. In the past 4 months we have had TWO bad "apple" experiences. Should I count my ipod that died only after 2 yrs of owning it? Maybe instead of three I'll go with 2 and 1/2 bad "apples." All in all this is not a good track record for Apple with the Wrights.

So do I give Apple one more chance? Do I risk another failure? Any thoughts?

6 comments:

cheeks said...

hey joni! so.....we have a mac mini as well, and in the 4 years we've had it, it's crashed like 3 times. i'm a little torn, because there is nothing more frustrating to me...especially when we lose info/pictures, etc. Brett's family is all MAC all the way. I don't really have a huge preference, but it bugs that as "great" as they are we keep having problems. good luck with your decision!

Tiana said...

Yikes! I have never heard of so many bad apple experiences. I think you should call apple and see if they can "convince" you to believe in their product again. I still prefer apple to pc, but I can understand your hesitation.

Amy B said...

we love our apple- and haven't had bad experiences yet- cross our fingers- they are just so much more friend for kids dvds to make... iphoto...etc.

Sarah Walton said...

that's a tough one. I was going to say the same thing . . . write apple and let them know of your experiences . . . it usually pays off!

Liz said...

I've had 2 iMacs, a Powerbook, and 2 MacBook Pros. I have loved and cherished every one. NEVER had a problem. I have no idea how anyone can use a PC, they are brain damage in my opinion. I have been using a Mac since high school and will NEVER go back to those silly PCs.

Adespain said...

When I taught school I had to use a Mac notebook and I learned to LOVE it. It was at least 7 years old and it always outperformed our pc laptop at home. Anything we couldn't get to work on our PC- worked on the mac. Plus, it was just so much easier to do cooler stuff.

But if I had the same experience as you, I'd certainly hesitate. I think the advice to wright 'em is the best.

Good luck!