Saturday, March 13, 2010

D Day

It has been officially decided that if the boy doesn't come by Thursday he will be forced out.  Hopefully in a way that will work for him and me. 

Luckily my Dr. is out of town on the due date we were given.  So she said that Thursday night would work out well for her.  It just so happened that Thursday night works out well for us too. 

Here are my latest stats.

Up two pounds for a total of almost 50.  That number is absolutely shocking to me.  I'm hoping that a lot of it is water weight.  I seem to be carrying a lot in my ankles and now my knees are developing little smiles of their own.  I definitely could have put a little more effort into exercising. 

I don't sleep unless it is past 5:00 am.  Because of this reason I am starting my maternity leave Monday. 

The boy's room is coming together.  A very special thanks to a fantastic friend who painted it for us.

I am still only dilated to a one, and about 50% effaced.

I am so excited to meet this little guy.

9 comments:

The Green Momster said...

Hooray! I am going to have a little nephew from my own side! It will be great!

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to meet the little guy!

Heather said...

So glad to have a final date. I gained so much water weight in the end. I bet you'll come home from the hospital twenty pounds lighter than you are right now. Don't worry. You can come work out with me when you're all done with work!

Noelle said...

Oh boy oh boy, I can hardly wait to meet your little boy! The sad thing is we leave Friday for a week! :( I may not get to visit you in the hospital after all.... :( But I will be sending you good thoughts the whole time!

Britni said...

So excited for you to be done with the whole pregnancy and finally see that it was all worth it! Good luck if I don't see you before then!

Melinda said...

Um, so do you want to get our sewing project done before then? :) Let's plan it BEFORE Thursday day. Although I would be thrilled to drive you to the hospital since I would hate for Rocky to have to make the drive all the way to Hilliard just to have to turn around again to be pretty much where he started. Can't wait to meet your little guy, but I'll be out of town for 2 whole weeks! He'll be huge by then. But I'm so very excited for you.

Sara said...

Oh Joni, I am so glad you have a date! So exciting. It was good to talk to you today. Good luck with delivery and I can't wait to meet the little guy.

Allyson said...

HOORAY! I am thrilled for you two...soon to be three. Crazy. Good luck with everything...you will do fantastic!

AND 50 lbs? I would have guessed maybe 10. You wear it well girl.:)

Claire said...

Yay! I can't wait to see a picture of your little guy! I hope everything went well! How exciting! There's nothing like having a baby! And don't feel bad, I gained 50 lbs with our first baby too...breastfeeding helps to get it off :)